"Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see"
India, by one count has
- 18 million* street children
- over 22 million* child laborers
- Nearly 20%** of the children 6-14 years old have no access to primary education.
- Less than 45%** receive the immunization required to protect them from deadly illnesses.
- Half the children do not get enough food everyday and are chronically or acutely undernourished.
Ask yourself - is this really how your message should read?
Vibha is a movement that empowers you to make a difference. We aim to ensure that every underprivileged child attains his or her right to education, health and opportunity. If you want to make a difference in the life of a child that can only dream but has never experienced opportunity - contact us and we can show you how.
Our vision is to ensure that every underprivileged child attains his or her right to education, health and opportunity.
Our mission is to educate, empower and enable every individual who wishes to make a positive difference in the life of the underprivileged child.
Founded in 1991, today Vibha has a volunteer network of over 800 volunteers spread across 23 Action Centers (Atlanta, Austin, Bay Area, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Twin Cities - Minnesota, New York, Philadelphia, Sacramento, Washington DC) and several other cities across the US and India. Till date, we have supported over190 projects in India and the US. Read more about our current projects here.
*Source: www.indianngos.com, **Source: UNICEF India