Since our inception in 1991, Vibha has raised $13 million and supported more than 250 projects in India and 10 projects in the US. As a result, Vibha has been able to reach out to and provide opportunities for over 300,000 underprivileged children. Currently, Vibha supports 30 projects in India and 7 projects in the US.
Vision & Mission
- Vibha's vision is to ensure that every underprivileged child attains his or her right to education, health and opportunity.
- Vibha's mission is to educate, empower and enable every individual who wishes to make a positive difference in the life of the underprivileged child.
- Vibha brings together the combined skills and actions of volunteers, donors, social entrepreneurs and NGOs to a common platform to find sustainable solutions to the problems faced by underprivileged children.
- Vocational training
- Care for physically and/or mentally challenged children
- Rescue and rehabilitation of children in vulnerable conditions
Vibha is a social venture catalyst
What we do
We seed, grow and scale grass-roots ideas that can solve systemic problems related to the underprivileged child through a cure that involves minimal external intervention with large scale societal impact.
Vibha is not a funding agency
Vibha is a platform that brings together people that want to make a difference in the life of an underprivileged child (corporates, grass-root entrepreneurs, donors, volunteers, govt agencies and partner NFOs). Funding is one of the tools provided by this platform towards ensuring a scalable cure is found to SOLVE a systemic problem in the life of the underprivileged child.
Vibha screens projects pain-stakingly.
Once selected, the social entrepreneur is provided with the necessary seed capital as well as know-how with constant project monitoring assistance through Vibha personnel and staff on the ground that ensures the project is meeting it’s desired goals. If after a certain period of time (typically 3 years), the project has not achieved its goal of finding a scalable solution for the problem, Vibha starts a gradual exit process so as to ensure the project continues to benefit its beneficiaries with minimal disturbance.
If the project does achieve its goal of finding a scalable cure for the problem it is trying to solve, Vibha now plays the role of disseminating this cure far and wide through various channels including partner NGOs.
In short, it strives to enable people to take responsibility for the situation of an underprivileged child.