Vibha is more than just an organization. It is a grass roots movement that empowers the individual whether it is a volunteer or a donor to make a positive difference in the life of an underprivileged child and provide them with the possibility of a brighter future.
It is a US-based, volunteer run, non-profit, non-religious, non-political organization working to ensure health, education and economic opportunities for underprivileged children in India and the US.
Vibha projects are selected based on the focus areas of the projects, target beneficiary groups of the projects and also certain evaluative criteria internal to the project and the demographics serviced by the projects.
The following list includes the focus areas for Vibha projects:
- Primary education of children within the age group of 6 to 18.
- Non-formal education of children within the age group of 0 to 18.
- Vocational training and training on skills that could provide livelihood in addition to education.
- Prevention of child mortality and debilitating diseases.
- Early childhood care and education for children below the age of 6.
- Provision of physical and mental health care for children and pre-natal care for women.
- Eradication of child labor and the associated rehabilitation.
- Creating awareness and influencing policy makers on child related issues.
- Girl child related issues: Vibha believes that in most parts of India, girl children are not yet treated at par with other children by being denied education, being forced to do household work and sometimes subjected to infanticide.
Our mission is to educate, empower and enable every individual who wishes to make a positive difference in the life of the underprivileged child.
The problem of underprivileged children in India is pretty significant which is why there is a need for so many different organizations.
Each organization is doing the right thing in its own way. Most of the time what differentiates one organization from another, is the focus areas and/or the philosophy of the organization.
For example, Vibha believes that to address the issue of underprivileged children in India, we need to take action collectively. Two, every individual can make a difference, no matter how small the contribution.
We are also committed to being a volunteer movement and are constantly striving to make sure that our overhead costs are minimized.
Our project selection philosophies are also different in that we try to solely address the issue of child development in a comprehensive manner and focus on various aspects such as education, healthcare, vocational training and policy and advocacy efforts.
Yes. Vibha is a 501(c)(3) organization, registered in the USA in the State of New Jersey. Vibha's Tax ID is 22-3122761.
Vibha is charitable trust registered under section 80G of the Income Tax Act of India.